New to Mommy-hood

My baby boy is 8 months old today. Happy 8 month birthday, baby J! I love celebrating these little birthdays every month, taking a lot of pictures and making it a little special. This month I cannot help but be a little proud of myself as well as my little J. I have made it through 8 months of Mommy-hood! Sure, no one said this would be easy. Everyone told me about sleepless nights and poopy diapers. But that is just the newborn stage. The hubs and I only had about 3 months of little sleep and our transition into parenthood. What I really needed to know was how hard breastfeeding would be, and how many times I would just want to throw in the towel. What I really needed to know is what to do when your pediatrician tells you that your 3 month old would need a major surgery within weeks. What I really needed to know is that I would be okay once I left the hospital with this tiny new baby (and they do not let you take one of those nurses home with you to help, I asked). But now that we have made it 8 months, I am finally feeling myself relax and settle into motherhood. I am trusting my instincts and going with my gut. I have researched more about the color of baby poop and how to introduce solids than I did when I was cramming for that big test in college. I think I might just make it in this mommy business! So, happy 8 months to Mommy too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Night, Holy Night

Our CuddleBug

Two Mommies