The Perfect Storm

Last week was the Perfect Storm at our house. We just kept getting hit. Last weekend, the hubs got sick. Not just the sniffles, but full out stay-in-bed-for-40-hours type sick. No problem, right? I can handle a sick husband and an 8-month old. Ha...that's what I thought. Cut to the scene of me pleading with baby J to just go to sleep while trying to make soup for the hubs. Little J picked a hard time to try to drop a nap. For 4 days, this baby refused to take naps, would not go to sleep until after midnight, and woke up often during the night.

Thursday was another adventure, for several reasons. J woke up with a fever and a runny nose. I was so upset. And within hours, he was fever-free and playing like normal. Let me just say, this is one of the best things about breastfeeding. This child is resilient!!! He gets all of those good antibodies that my body is building up in order to fight off the hubby's sick germs. In fact, he has only been sick twice, and never been sick for more than 48 hours. I always knew I wanted to nurse my babies, but I never realized all of the benefits.

After Thursday morning's little illness, it was time for mommy to take care of herself. I had a small injection procedure to help some pain that I have been having since little J was born. I was forced to the couch for 24 hours to recover. Even though I had a very healthy little boy throughout my pregnancy, I am still fighting my own health issues from pregnancy. My letter to my sweet baby this week was very short: Dear Baby J, Please sleep more. With Love, Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Night, Holy Night

Our CuddleBug

Two Mommies