Slow Down, Baby J

As I see those developmental milestones whizzing by, I find myself begging J to slow down on a daily basis. It becomes really apparent when I talk to a family member who I haven't seen for a week. I find myself rattling off a list of things that J has learned to do in the last week. Holy cow! My sweet baby boy is now crawling (and is belly flopping much less). And boy, does he just take off... after the dog... after the cat... away from Mommy's tickle hand. About a week and a half ago, J learned how to pull himself into the standing position using toys, the couch, whatever is closeby really. Now he thinks he can stand on his own and walk, which may not be entirely possible. One of the things I love most about this baby boy is his reaction when he falls down. When he falls hard, he looks right at me and smiles. Then within seconds he is up again. I am so amazed at his resilience, my strong little boy! I just wish he would slow down a little bit so I have time to get used to and enjoy each of his new accomplishments. There are just so many things to enjoy and celebrate each and every day. J's little toothless grin was so quickly replaced with a mouth full of 7 teeth. My favorite of his new milestones though is his healthy attachment to the hubs and I. I just love when little J crawls over and gets in my lap, then leaves again to go explore. It just shows me that he feels comfortable exploring on his own, but still likes to be comforted by Mommy. :) While I do not believe in many of the ideas of "attachment parenting," I am a mother who is very concerned with healthy attachment. So, keep exploring, baby J! But make sure you check in with Mommy and don't be in a rush to grow up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Night, Holy Night

Our CuddleBug

Two Mommies