A Disney Craft

Time for a craft!  In preparing for our Disneyland trip, I am making lots of crafts for the trip!  All of my crafts are either Mickey Mouse or Buzz Lightyear, because that seems to be Baby J's preference.  The craft that I'm showing off today is based on those pacifier clips that I see everywhere, but it has two clips instead of one (my baby boy is not a fan of the paci anyway).  I can think of about 10 ways to use these right off the top!  I liked the idea of two clips so I can use this to clip a light blanket to the stroller so it doesn't fall off.  I will also be using this to clip toys to the stroller so the beloved Mickey doll doesn't get lost.  It can be used to clip a blanket around your neck to make a quick nursing cover.  Or I'm sure it will be used to turn burp cloths into bibs, since we always have 5 burp cloths with us but can never seem to find a bib.  So many uses for these simple clips!!!!


Supplies:
-2 Suspender/Mitten clips per item (or other desired clips)
-Ribbon (I found this Toy Story ribbon at Walmart)
-Sewing machine

I doubled up on the ribbon so both sides are Toy Story, then just thread it through the openings of the clips.  I sewed around all four sides using a zipper foot on my sewing machine.  Next time, I might use different clips, since these suspender/mitten clips are a little hard to open and they close tight (be careful of little fingers!).  I would also like to figure out how to make these adjustable for versatility. 

That's it!!!  So simple, so cheap!  And I hope that this proves to be as useful as I think it will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Night, Holy Night

Our CuddleBug

Two Mommies