Services

It looks like I will get to see how services are established for foster kiddos. We talked to CPS about behavioral health services for Sweet Pea and she put in a referral. Someone called today to set up an intake for a high needs caseworker. During the intake, someone will come over and ask questions and observe her at home. Then that caseworker will determine if they have a therapist that can help. Most likely, this will mean play therapy since she is so young. Even though this is one more thing to add to my very busy week, this is great news!  Sweet Pea is finally going to get the help she needs to start the healing process.

Speaking of our busy schedule, this month is probably the craziest yet. 2 court hearings, 2 CPS visits, 1 licensing worker visit, 1 behavioral health intake, 1 Foster Care Review Board, 2 toddler dentist appointments, twice a week visitation for Cuddle Bug, and at least 1 child's doctor appointment. Not to mention, I am a working mom and trying to figure out how to stay healthy myself. Oh brother!  Good thing I bought a new planner to keep track of it all (Erin Condren! I love it!). The life of a foster parent is anything but calm.

May is Foster Care Awareness month!  I'm going to be doing a post about facts soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Night, Holy Night

Our CuddleBug

Letters to J