Silent Night, Holy Night

With a big smile on my face, I can say that Cuddle Bug is working on sleeping more through the night. Every once in awhile, he gives us that joyous Silent Night with about a 4-5 hour stretch. Last night was 5.5 hours of pure bliss as we all slept soundly. We hope that Bug's Christmas present to us would be a full night's sleep and his first smile. We can hope!

Christmas has arrived and we are trying to make baby's first Christmas so special. Bug got to meet Santa 3 times already, and even got an official certificate saying he's on the nice list. His swing is right by the Christmas tree and he seems to enjoy looking at the twinkling lights as he swings. Cuddle Bug also got to participate in lots of fun activities for Big Brothers 2nd birthday, like zoolights and even a visit to a fire station.

I was hoping that the Christmas season would bring about a few less meetings and less drama. Sadly, it has not. We have had a handful of meetings every week this month. You know, it's not like foster moms also work outside of the home or own their own business or anything like that. These meetings are much more time consuming than I had thought they would be. One of those meetings was with Bug's caseworker and brought even more confusion into our lives. While it's great to finally know what this baby's real legal name is, I can't say that I liked everything she said. CPS is required to consider relative placements for children who may eventually have their parent's rights severed.   A reminder of what this may mean gave us a true reality check. Nothing is certain.

And in my pleading with God, asking why they would even consider moving this baby who has been my son for 6 weeks, He had a simple response. In one single action, He reminded me that He is in control, that He has a plan, and that He is going to use our family for His will (not necessarily my desires or my plan). If you know me, you know that I must have a plan for everything or I begin having panic attacks. Well, apparently I'm being taught a lesson.

Wishing all of our family and friends a wonderful and joyous Christmas!

Comments

  1. Hugs for Mom and Dad this time. Don't be sad he might leave; be happy he's there now! I'm glad you could get some sleep. It sounds like rocking him by the Christmas tree has a good effect on him :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our CuddleBug

Two Mommies